Niknon Photography Discussion  

Go Back   Niknon Photography Discussion > Equipment Talk > SLR Bodies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules

Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
SarahMarie

Default Canon T3 vs. T3i

Hi All -

I'm looking for a little advice on which DSLR to get. I'm looking to get two, one for me and one for my mom as her Christmas gift. We're both upgrading from point and shoot cameras, and are pretty much beginners. She wants to upgrade for better family pictures and the like, and I want to upgrade for family photos (including two dogs that never seem to sit still and a 5 year old niece who loves to pose for the camera) and for better photos for my blog that I'm slowly starting to build up. Neither one of us cares at all for video, so that's not a big deal for us, and we almost never do prints larger than 5x7. The other part of her Christmas present is going to be a Introduction to Canon Cameras class at one of our local photo shops, so we can at least learn how to use some of the features.

I'm not as interested in having the latest and greatest as I am in having something that will fit my needs without having me pay extra for features that I won't use. Plus, since I'm looking at getting 2, I'm not going to lie, cost is a factor for me.

That all being said, I'm trying to decide between these two bundles and was wondering if any of you had any opinions for me:

Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2MP DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens & Extra 55-250mm Lens

or

Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18.0MP DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens & Extra 55-250mm Lens

I read that the 55-250 lens tends to give sharper and clearer images, that's why I picked those bundles, but if there's a better lens please let me know.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me!

**.:Sarah:.**
SarahMarie is offline   Reply With Quote