Niknon Photography Discussion  

Go Back   Niknon Photography Discussion > Other Stuff > Technique
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules

Old 01-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #16
chexmex

You know what look really cool, are those Gorilla tripod things. I don't really dig big and heavy tripods, so I sometimes just take one of the flexible tabletop ones.
chexmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #17
chimphappyhour
:p

Yeah, my manfrotto is always in my car. To me, a good tripod is mandatory inventory.

Another thing to consider is what your meter is set up to do. For example, when I'm shooting the moon I use spot meter on the moon to get detail. If I use matrix, the moon comes out over-exposed because the meter is trying to even out the rest of the sky.

If you are trying to get the moon and lanscape detail, this is a good place to consider something like a "HDR" shot. I use the exposure blend script in gimp. It only allows 3 shots to combine at a time which is about the limit to make believable shots. I bracket -2,0,+2 then convert to jpg (the only thing the script works with) with the script. If you go into my flickr and search my tags for exposure blend, you'll get an example of what it does. I also have a couple shots at the bottom of the homepage for the script.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
lordkifar
Where is the film?

wow.....very nice photos with exposure blend. The Christmas tree looks so nice with the exposure blend!
lordkifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #19
chimphappyhour
:p

Thank you, I should note that the other nice thing with gimp's exp blend script is that it works the three frames as three layers and doesn't flatten them until you tell it to. (I have no idea if this is how photomatix, or whatever it's called, works.) You can adjust the layers to suit, then flatten.

I think there is something like it in photoshop, so hopefully it works the same way.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:16 AM   #20
alexjava

There is some beautiful picture you will take in night, many place were so beautiful in night like bridge, street, highway etc, there is so beautiful seen will create in night, and enough light for the photograph.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #21
hallsmith

Night photography is excellent think, you must have need lot of experience for this photography, you can get many beautiful view for this photography.
hallsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #22
gladysroberson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsmith View Post
Night photography is excellent think, you must have need lot of experience for this photography, you can get many beautiful view for this photography.
Yeah it needs skills to focus on the subject and get a good lighting..
It truly needs experience but I think we can still learn it by reading books and tutorials that are available through the internet..
gladysroberson is offline   Reply With Quote